BREAKING: Governor Sanwo-Olu Says No Fatality Recorded In Lekki Toll Plaza shooting

0
320
Babajide-Sanwo-Olu-1.png | adeniyisblog
Babajide Sanwo-Olu

The Lagos State Government Babajide Sanwo-Olu has claimed that there was no report of a fatality in the controversial Lekki Toll Plaza shooting on Tuesday night.

According to the Governor during the Lagos State Government briefing on #EndSARS protest earlier today Wednesday, he said, “Three of the injured protesters have been discharged, while some are in the hospital. There is no record of any fatality.” Sanwo-Olu continued that two critically injured victims had been operated on and were in stable condition, while others with “mild to moderate” cases are still receiving treatments at various hospitals in the area.

He admitted that soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate area last night in a bid to disperse them, said he is currently engaging the leadership of the Nigerian Army on the development.

He noted that as a governor of the state, the control of military forces was not under his purview and “For clarity, it is imperative to explain that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. I have, nonetheless, ordered an investigation into the rules of engagement adopted by men of the Nigerian Army that were deployed to the Lekki toll gate last night.

“This is intending to take this up with higher commands of the Nigerian Army and to seek the intervention of Mr President in his capacity to as the Commander-In-Chief to unravel the sequence of events that happened yesterday (Tuesday) night.

He concluded by calming down Lagosians, “Fellow Lagosians, whilst we pray for the swift recovery of the injured, we have not recorded any fatality as against the widespread circulation on social media.”

See also  Iwobi Scores His First Premier League Goal In 15 Months

Copyright © 2020. All Right Reserved. AdeniyisBlog

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here