By: Omo Jigaloye
Banana is one fruit that is enjoyed around the world. It is a well-known fruit and prescribed by the health specialist to balance daily meal. Eating a banana can give an immediate, continuous and extensive boost of energy; with just two pieces of banana can produce energy for a persistent over an hour workout.
Researchers prove that Banana contains three natural sugars:
• Glucose combined with fibre.
Here below are 10 interesting facts about Bananas and benefits
1. Vitamins: vitamins and minerals can help prevent medical issues and any instances of organ failure. Ripen bananas at room temperature are believed to give the highest amounts of benefits. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, fibre, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
2. Babies: It is recommended by doctors you give your baby bananas at 6 months, before eating semi-solid foods. A small banana per day for a 6-month-old baby is good. It is rich in iron, which is essential to produce haemoglobin in the blood. It also helps in the synthesis of red blood cells in the body.
3. Blood pressure: Banana is a unique tropical fruit with high in potassium yet low in salt. It is perfect to beat blood pressure and ability to reduce the risk of having a stroke.
4. Ulcers: The banana the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It defuses over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach. It is also raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over chronicler cases.
5. Depression: Banana helps those who are suffering from depression. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a kind of protein that the body converts into serotonin. It helps relax, recovers from the disposition and generally makes you happy.
6. Bug bite: If you experience bug bite, you can apply the inside of a banana peel to relieve the itching area. The natural oils found in the banana skin contain a chemical that helps ease irritation from mosquito bites and poison ivy. Rub the banana peel flesh downside on the irritated area and wait for it to take effect.
7. Constipation: Bananas help to restore regular bowel action. It contains high fibre. A ripe banana helps relieve constipation while unripe bananas cause constipation because they still contain a lot of starch and it’s still hard for the body to digest.
8. Kidney and Bone: Bananas contain high potassium content that contributes to healthy kidney function and bone development. Eating bananas helps keep the loss of calcium through the urine, which allows the body to absorb additional bone-building minerals.
9. Fertility: Bananas are the apparent choices for increasing sperm production. It strengthens potency, increases the mobility of the sperm and help in sperm production. Bananas also help boost sperm count and motility. They can also regulate the sex hormones and cheer your mood. If you desire eating bananas or you hardly eat once in a while; now you aware of a key to continue eating bananas.
10. Brainpower: A collection of research recommends eating bananas helps the brain to function well, as the minerals, vitamins and amino acids in bananas contribute essential role to keep brain functioning at its finest level. A banana is a friendly approach to get a steady stream of brainpower.